Thursday, June 5, 2014

ABENG Through Time

The Abeng Fair 2014, where new and old friends gathered together to celebrate another wonderful year for the English majors is really something to be recalled.

It was indeed a great experience to be reunited with my GEMS family. The alumni gang's not complete though, but indeed, we had fun. Seeing the new members of the family makes my heart scream with joy. There is something in an English major's blood that really connects us.





My heart was pounding as I was walking to the event. It was awesome. I can see those lot busying themselves with a lot of things. I guess they were having some sorts of random games played in contribution to the event. I didn't mind looking closely because I don't want to get any attention.

Well, we had our usal chismisan time before the event proper started.








Sir Jocson, our former Linguistics professor welcomed me warmly. It feels good to talk to him again, after years of not seeing him in this branch of our university. I heard he stayed in the main campus for quite some time. Good news is that, he is the new Department Head and I am totally elated to hear the news. I am happy for the achievement he got because I know, he deserves it, despite the fact of not wanting it at the first place. I think, those people who deserves to be in the position are those who don't want the position but is deserving enough to be in those relative places, because they are the ones who are far from greed. Professor Tablanza was there too and I can't help admiring her as person. This time, I thought, she's like me in a lot of things, or I am like her in a lot of things...whatever. I just like her. I think, she's one of the truest professors I have ever known in UCC. 



We spent a deal of time being the critic of the booths they made. I was totally impressed with these people. I can see myself, several years backwards, when I was the one entertaining the panelists to be impressed. We don't have booths or some sort of stuffs back then, but I remember the numerous theater performances we did. It was exhilarating to think that I am so over those things now. And now it is their time to perform. Some of them welcomed us with a dance and other performances.









And this kid here, he just blew me away with such a super feminine voice singing, well... Defying Gravity lang naman~




And even our beloved Department Head performed his version of...err... I can't remember!





The program proper is awesome. The theme is "ABENG THROUGH TIME" and my friends were teasing me about being the personification of the title. Haha! The two hosts really nailed it. They know how to handle the crowd and all of us were totally impressed.





There was an instance there when they called the alumni and asked about their jobs. I don't agree with that part, really. Because what are they trying to point out? What if you are an alumni and you are not working yet? Does that mean you are not successful enough? And how do they really define success? Anyway, I didn't brood on these things because it will only ruin the night.

The night was finished leaving is with a lot of laughs and happiness for such a great event.









And, I won't forget to thank the "Maestro", our official photographer for the photos used in this blog. *wink*




#GEMS2014 #abengthrougtime #abengfriends #englishmajors

*Credits to Jonathan Perez and Renuel Fallore for the photos used in this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment