Monday, October 6, 2014

Drama Fest 2014

The first ever Dramafest 2014 was held last Friday in Room 211, BCP MV Campus. After my last class, I went straight there to check if the sets are already prepared and if there are some things to be taken care of. The show started right after and I am so proud to see my students showing their skills in acting, dancing, and singing.

And because it's "Theater", I really stayed to see all the performances. So many students surprised me. Let me mention some of them.

Joe Paras.
I heard she won the best actor award (portraying a role of a man) for The World is an Apple. She speaks English very well. I have been telling her that she sounds good when she speaks English since I have heard her speak in my class, but I didn't know that she can also act so well.
Mejo napansin ko lang na nawalan ng confidence at the latter parts of the play but still, it was a very awesome performance.


Jeryl Ombid. 
I noticed that she sticks in her character and she's never lost. One good thing about her is that she is INSIDE her charsacter. She's confident and her eyes are acting when she doesn't have any dialog.


Cinderella and the Prince's kiss.
It was totally OM!~~
Nakakaloka ang lip-lock ni Raymund Macaraeg and Celeste Bartolome, which, really, really (not shock because everyone's already expecting it) made everyone fix their eyes on them. I think no one blinked in that part.
Well, I like the professionalism. Business is business and whatever happens in the play will remain in the play. It's good that they really did it despite everyone's reaction and without any hesitations.
Unfortunately for the play, it was a bit disappointing. (You know me. I don't sugarcoat!)

Too bad I don't have a picture of "the kiss". This is the best that I got. Just this rehearsal photos. Hmp!

There is really a CHEMISTRY!
Jerah Dalumpines
For playing Nena in New Yorker in Tondo, she did it quite well. She's pretty sureof her lines and she's not holding back.


Angelie Roda
Aling Atang in New Yorker in Tondo. For Angelie's personality in the classroom, her performance in the said character really surprised me.


Julius Brion
You acted so naturally. Really. ^^



Jonalyn Cernardo
I really felt your character in the play. It was a supporting character but you really nailed it.


Froilan Palattao
MY FAVORITE ACTOR EVER!
If only you know how much you have blown me away by your performance in the play! I remembered one of the persons I handled/directed before who was totally like you. You are not ashamed of what you are doing, even if you have out of this world characters in several plays you did. Your eyes and every single part in your body is acting. If you will pursue theater, I know you will really succeed!



Jocell Barotil
You were the most beautiful lady in the room that night! Everyone fell in love with you when you entered the stage and acted as Maria Makiling. The role fits you and your beauty lighted the room. For a moment, I really thought it was Maria Makiling in front of me because you really took the character inside you and acted like she's really you. I love you here dear! You are really really good because just like Froilan, everything about you is acting, which is a mark of a good actress.


Rei Jean Nadate
You were really good at dancing. 


These are the people who left marks in my memory. You actually made me keep on smiling as I was walking home with Joni Hermosura. Sorry if I wasn't there to witness the awarding because I really need to go somewhere. I heard that the BEST PLAY goes to 2102.

Maria Makiling really deserved it. Nothing more. Nothing less. You all know why.
The real fight is on the FINALS. I'll see you again. Surely. Impress me.

Pero... Manalo man o matalo, panalo kayong lahat sa akin! I am very proud of you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment