Sunday, June 8, 2014

Reunion of the Kinembulars

After stopping for a couple of years in college, I went back to school with new sets of classmates. It's good that I was not culture shocked with these people because they were all totally friendly and I must say, I really felt comfortable with every single person in their block. I met some of my closest friends today from them. I was expecting to graduate with them but given the circumstances that time, I wasn't able to. However, the friendship that we had even after they graduated remained.

We had some random meet-ups, usually a house party every year but we never really had the chance to go and eat out like what we did today. This is the first time, and well, one of the happiest meet-ups we had.

I first met Lorraine, who gained weight and well, still the same Lorraine I knew. She's this kind of person who is always perky and funny because of her funny punch lines about love. Haha! She's the one beside me, on my left side in this photo.



Then Ate Anna and Jed arrived. I really missed these people. Ate Anna is now a professor and Jed is looking forward tp her new job in our Alma Mater. They inspire me to pursue teaching more. I guess what I need is a little more push. It's my attitude to always hold back and doubt myself despite having a lot of people who trust in my abilities. Buti pa sila they trust me. Ako, I am always having doubts. :p

Jed and Anna

Anyway, we're so surprised to see George and his/her girlfriend. Haha!

George and his girlfriend

I am really not so comfortable looking at him because I was so used to him being so gay and all... and well... not he has a girlfriend. It's just very surprising. -_-

So we went to the nearest Shakeys resto since a lot of us wanted to have some pizza for the whole lot and then Ayhen and her boyfriend, Noel, arrived. It's good to meet Noel finally because Ayhen was always telling me about him before. Ayhen is my adopted daughter in the group. She calls me 'Nay' (mom) and I call her 'Nak' (daughter) and we were so used to be that way.


So now that I finally met Noel, I could say that Ayhen deserves this guy more. I don't want to comment about her previous one but if I am to state my opinion, Noel is much much better. He knows how to adjust and to mingle with people he met for the first time. He is not too feeling close and he is not so distant. I like him better.


It was a fun night. The usual chit chats about random stuff and the usual selfie and groupies that will always be present in all reunions.









Hehe. I needed to leave early because we will have a meeting in the Kingdom Hall [because it's Thursday] so we took some more photos before I left.






I heard they went to Fairview Terraces [the newly opened mall] after I left. Below is the evidence. -_-


#reunions #happiness #abengfriends #englishmajors
*Credits to Yhen, Noel, Jed, George, and Lorraine for the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment