Monday, June 9, 2014

A New Playmate

I always observe this kid in the Kingdom Hall whenever we attend meetings. She's different. She was so young when I first met her and she is totally... well... she's just different. She reminds me of that Little Rascal TV series I used to watch when I was a kid. She's a bit rowdy and really playful. I often see her bullying other kids her age. She's very talkative. She always catches my attention but I never really had or spent time talking to her.

I love kids. I like hearing what they think and playing with their ideas. I like to listen to them and like what I always feel when surrounded with children, I got curious with her. Her name's Ricmal. She's a daughter of one of the sisters in the congregation, a very jolly woman.


I had a part in the Theocratic Ministry School and she was assigned to be my partner. I was reluctant because she is just 9 years old and she acts too playful for her age so I'm afraid she might not do it. On the contrary, she was very excited so her Mom and I agreed for me to drop by their place that week.

I did the assignment ahead of time and headed to their house after work. We rehearsed once and I was so surprised on how fast she got her part and even memorized it. What's more surprising is that she is a very sweet girl. She attended on me very well, handing me my merienda, getting my drinks, and entertaining me very well, which is a bit far from the kid I always observed in the Kingdom Hall.


I also thought that he's so boyish but she actually asked me if she could have a make over [kids nowadays!]. Anyway, I did not hesitate because I saw that she's very eager to have it, she was beaming while telling me to braid her hair and to do her makeup. I spoil kids so I did! =p



So we spent the rest of the afternoon doing you-know-what before dinner! Haha. This is how kids play nowadays. =)






Someone's busy playing on her phone. 

#playtime #kids 
[*Credits to Amalia Baguio for the photos.]

No comments:

Post a Comment